History of the House
Penarwyn House was built in 1895 by local landowner and businessman John De Cressy Treffry, from a well-known local family, whose residence at Place House in Fowey is listed in the Doomsday Book. John, once the High Sheriff of Cornwall, built the house for his family and lived here until the 1920’s.
From an historic local family, John’s father built Treffry Viaduct in Luxulyan Valley and the docks at Par in Cornwall. Originally, the house stood in over 60 acres but much of this was sold off post-war.
Over the last 100 years, the house has only had a handful of owners, but had been run as a luxury B&B for many years. In was converted to three luxury holiday lets prior to us purchasing it in 2023.